Used to determine abrasion resistance as well pilling resistance of the knitted/ woven/ home furnishing/ coated fabrics.
- Latest technology incorporating Martindale abrasion and pilling in a single machine.
- Fabric sample is subjected to controlled amount of rubbing at low pressure and in continuously changing directions. this ensures all fibre in the specimen are abraded under uniform action.
- Tested specimen is then compared with standards for rating.
- Four samples can be tested simultaneously.
- PU foam is provided as backing- as per standards.
- Additional templates of 140mm and 38mm are supplied for sample preparation.
- Standard felt and standard abradant wool fabric rubs against test specimen as per standards.
- Pilling assessment is done in based on three parameters
- Rate of fibre production in the rubbed fibre sample.
- Rate of fibre entanglement
- Rate of fibre and pill wear out
- Attachment is done against standard photography and rated from 0 to 5, zero being highest pills and 5 being least pills.
- Emergency stop switch provided for immediate stop of machine without hindering testing.