Used to determine the hardness/ softness of yarn bobbins/warp beams/cones/cheese etc.
- Portable instrument.
- Also called package density meter.
- Determine density or hardness of yarn cone/package or beams of yarn or fabric.
- Very useful in package dying & yarn dying sections as dyer can separate cones which are too loose or which are too tight.
- Variation in package density leads to “cone to cone dye variations”.
- Avoid damage to bobbins and warp beams.
- Flat working surface is recommended.
- Ideal for bobbins with a diameter of more than 400 mm.
- Hardness Tester with indentation ball of 5 mm diameter is recommended for standard packages.
- ISO 7211, BSEN 1049